Rent a car with driver in Sri Lanka
Hello, dear friends! My name is Raqeeb. I will be happy to show you my country and be your driver and guide.
We have 25 English speaking drivers in our team and can arrange any private customized tour around Sri Lanka.
Our cars for rent:
(Toyota Corolla, Prius)
$50/day (> 3 days hire)
$60/day (2 days hire)
$70/day (1 day hire)
(Toyota Noah, Hiace)
$70/day (> 3 days hire)
$80/day (2 days hire)
$90/day (1 days hire)
What is included:
- English- speaking driver
- Comfortable car with air-conditioning
- Gasoline, parking fees, tolls
- 100km/day ( $0,4/km for extra km)
- Extra mileage (after 100 km)
- Driver's accommodation (if your hotel does not provide for him. If you book hotels through Booking.com, you need to send them separate message to ask for providing driver's accommodation, many hotels in Sri Lanka will provide driver's accommodation for free). If the hotel doesn't provide driver's accommodation there will be 15 usd / night additional charge.
How to book:
Contact us and let us know the date and pick-up location.
The driver will follow your program or we can design any customized program according to you preferences.
How to pay:
Pay on arrival. No payment in advance.
Where I can go?
Anywhere in Sri Lanka - Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya.
Does the driver speak English?
Yes, all our drivers speak English
How the total mileage is being calculated?
Kilometers will be counted from the starting point and back to the starting point. For example, if you start from Colombo Airport and finish the tour in Unawatuna, kilometers from Unawatuna to the airport will be added to the total distance.
Do I need to pay for driver's accommodation?
In case if there was no accommodation arranged - yes, you have to pay 15usd/night.
However usually you don't have to pay, because there are 2 options to arrange an accommodation for your driver for free:
- Message to your hotel on booking.com to inform them that you travel with the driver. Many hotels will give free driver's accommodation.
- Let us book all hotels. We will book all hotels on the way including driver's accommodation. No extra charges for that.
How much should I tip?
If you were happy with the service - around 10%. Usually the driver will be happy to recieve 50 - 100usd extra after working for few days. However if you budget is limited it's also ok to not tip or you can just buy an ice-cream for the driver :) Don't tip 1-2 dollars, it will mean that you aren't happy about the service, it's better to not tip at all if the service was ok.
Some useful tips
- Rent a car with driver for many days.
- Let Fasttur manage hotel bookings to save money for accommodation.
- Don't devide the booking - keep the car with you for the whole time, it's cheaper than renting a car few times or booking separate transfers.